American School Macedonia believes that there is zero tolerance for a child or young person to experience abuse of any kind and recognizes its responsibility to safeguard the welfare of all children and young people, by a commitment to practice that protects them.
Every person involved in ASM has a responsibility to understand the important and specific role they play individually and collectively to ensure that the well-being and safety of all children and young people are at the forefront of all they do and every decision they make.
In its planning, decision-making, and operations American School Macedonia will:
- Provide protection for the children and young people, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexuality, or beliefs, who receive the services of American School Macedonia.
- Ensure safer recruitment practices;
- Provide staff with guidance on procedures they should adopt should they suspect that a child or young person may be experiencing, or be at risk of harm;
- Ensure that staff receive training and are aware of and committed to the Child Protection Policy and Procedures;
- Establish a positive, caring, and safe environment in which children can learn and develop together;
- Ensure that children and young people are aware who they can turn to and talk about their concerns;
- Ensure that all appropriate actions are taken to address concerns about child welfare, in full accordance with local policies and procedures and in partnership with the Child Protection Department within the Ministry of Labor and Social Policies in the Republic of North Macedonia and the Police;
- Review the policy and procedures regarding child welfare and safety on an annual basis to see whether they are still relevant and effective.